The skin is one of the most important factors that indicate the general state of human health. Through it the person communicates messages and emotions, “manages” them, reacts and responds to stimuli in the internal and external environment.
The skin has a significant contribution regarding the outline of the impression about beauty and hygiene of the individual, but also about their opposite. It is the most visible, permissive and easily interpretable way of communication. Therefore, when a skin condition is present, especially in the most exposed area – visually, consequences can occur at the psychological and even psychosocial level.
Acne is the most common girl’s condition, at almost any age (starting at age 14), in both women and men. The physical and psychological impact of acne is very high, which is why its treatment requires a correct clinical and cosmetological approach, but the psycho-emotional side must not be neglected.
The medical elements (definition, types, causes) are explained in detail in a separate article, the following week.
Ignored or incorrectly treated acne can develop painful nodules, pigmented spots and deep scars. Usually, these signs remain long-term or forever in the affected areas, creating a permanent state of discomfort, frustration, sometimes even forms of depression and social isolation.
The treatment of acne is long lasting and requires a careful and rigorous care ritual. As a general rule, the cosmetic products used must be specific to the type of skin, with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and protective role.
9 tips for proper acne skin care or acenic tendencies:
- If it is to consider an indispensable thing of the acne skin care routine, that is the cleaning! By cleaning, we understand the correct removal and removal of dead cells, dust and excess sebum. Skin cleansing is performed daily, both in the evening and in the morning. For sensitive skin and prone to erythema, the makeup is done with emulsions, micellar solutions or cleansing milk followed by tonic lotion, and for the seborrheic, acne, loaded skin, gels, foams, antibacterial soaps are recommended.
- If the skin is oily (excess sebum) and there is a tendency for acne with blackheads or microchips, a light exfoliant can help remedy the problem (a product with salicylic acid, glycolic acid).
- Pay attention to makeup products, as some may aggravate acne lesions; The ritual for cleansing the face involves a thorough cleansing, followed by rinsing the face with warm water or with a tonic lotion, to remove all the residues of products applied to the face during the day.
- The face does NOT wipe vigorously, but it is easily tamped down, especially if there are pustules; if the pustules rupture, the content spreads on the face, causing the appearance of new lesions; For example, this can occur during shaving in men, so in periods of inflamed lesions it is recommended to use disposable razors.
- Excessive care can be just as dangerous as its lack, being a common cause of acne aggravation. Excessive cleansing of sebum leads to an increased amount of sebum, as the sebaceous glands try to cope with the rate at which it is removed. The use of abrasive rubbers during inflammatory periods is contraindicated.
- The pustules do not squeeze / shatter, their squeezing is done only in the cosmetic office, thus preventing the spread of infection in other regions of the face.
- If acne is found on the back, arms, neckline, avoid using synthetic or too tight clothing, it is very important not to touch the face with hands, hair, phone, scarves, scarves, high collar sweaters.
- After washing the face, it will be wiped only with disposable paper towels, by taping, without damaging the tissue. The use of cotton towels or any other material is not recommended, as they may contain dust or different types of bacteria that may aggravate the infection. Also, during the treatment period, it is recommended that the pillow we sleep at night be as clean as possible, possibly covered with sterile gauze, which we change in the evening.
- People who do sports should unmask before training and after.
It has been shown that acne reflects a genetic peculiarity, so that, despite proper treatment, there may be periods when eruptions or temporary worsening, caused by changes in nutrition, rest, intestinal transit, or travel, premenstrual syndrome, dust, sweating , etc. Keeping these favorable factors under control limits unpleasant periods.
The acne treatment is performed in the specialized cosmetic office, where the cosmetic specialist performs procedures and therapies specific to the type of skin, all this recommends the cosmetic products and establishes the home care program, without which, the success of curing acne and solving the unpleasant effects of this condition, is not achieved. Home care is very important, because it complements the treatment in the cosmetic cabinet, which is why it must be done in a rigorous way.