What is IPL / Laser Ultimate Hair Removal?
Permanent hair removal is a safe, fast and painless procedure, which permanently removes unwanted hairs using laser or IPL (intense pulsed light) technology. All areas of the body (face, armpit, groin, legs, etc.) can be epilated, and damaged hair will never grow again.
What are the results of the definitive hair removal treatment?
- permanent destruction of the hairs in the desired area
- eliminating the need for painful classic hair removal
- long-term results
- allows hair removal from all areas of the body.
- after each session, 15-20% of the hair in the treated area will gradually fall after 1-3 weeks.
- at the end of the treatment, 80% to 90% of the hairs are permanently destroyed.
The definitive hair removal treatment is only effective when the hair is in the active growth phase (anagen), and the darker the hair (it contains more melanin) and the thicker it is, the faster it is removed.
How is the treatment carried out?
Because every woman is different, the definitive hair removal treatment starts with a free consultation and a free sensitivity test, after which our specialists recommend a personalized treatment, depending on the appropriate definitive hair removal technology and the number of sessions required.
The number of sessions required depends on several factors such as skin phototype, color and characteristics of the hair (thickness), area treated, age and sex, hormonal metabolism.
A session lasts from a few minutes in the case of small areas to an hour and a half for large areas. The period between two sessions is 6-8 weeks, depending on the area treated.
After completion of the treatment, it is recommended to hold a maintenance session once or twice a year.
What are the areas that can be permanently epilated?
The definitive hair removal can be applied to all areas of the body, including the facial, axillary, groin or feet.
Large areas: female face (all), armpits (both), arm, ½ foot, groin, buttocks, foot / hands (both), male beard (face), male beard (neck), shoulders, neck, chest, abdomen , lumbar area, dorsal area.
Mini areas: upper lip, chin, perches, area between eyebrows, areoles, mid-abdominal line, toes / hands, perianal area.
The price of a session differs depending on the surface you want to be epilated.
What technology do we use?
The latest technologies we use are IPL (intense pulsed light) and laser (it can be used even on tanned skin), and most of the time the definitive efficient epilation requires the combination of the two systems because the characteristics of the hair can be changed. during the treatment from thick to fine.
Who is not recommended permanent hair removal?
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Recently tanned persons (in the case of IPL treatment), with tattoos on the area to be treated, with herpes, wounds, pimples or blackheads
- Patients with diabetes or epilepsy, with pacemaker or cardiac pathology, with photosensitivity or undergoing treatment with photosensitive drugs
- Persons undergoing treatment with hirudin or other similar medicines (anticoagulants). It can be done two weeks after the end of the treatment.
- In case of pathological signs on the treated area
- People with long-term vitamin treatments (6 months)
How should I prepare for treatment?
- Before the final hair removal treatment, it is recommended that the skin be well hydrated, not exposed to the sun 3 weeks before and after the treatment, in the case of IPL, and 3 days before and after the Laser.
- The area to be treated is not epilated at least 3 weeks in advance by procedures for removing the hair follicles (wax, tweezers, epilator, etc.); during the photoepilation treatment it is allowed to epilate the area only by shaving or depilatory cream.
- Do not use photosensitive medicines before treatment and inform the Cellulem Block specialist of any other drug treatment you are taking.
- Do not use aggressive products or chemical peeling 4 weeks before and after treatment.
What should I do after treatment?
- Use UV protection cream SPF 30 + on the treated area. Otherwise, hypo or hyper pigmentation of the skin (white spots, burns) may occur.
- For 3 days after treatment do not shower or bathe with hot water, avoid excessive heat, sauna, physical activities etc. and do not use products that contain alcohol (deodorant, etc.) on the treated area.
- Use a soothing gel (Aloe vera gel) on the area treated twice daily for 4 days after the procedure.
- Do not wear moldy clothing on the body after treatment.